An exciting opportunity for a Technical Operations Manager required by a well-established software business, based in Hessle. This business has really proven its resilience during the COVID-19 period by not only sustaining their current headcount but also growing various areas of the business.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Operations Manager to drive change within the Technical Operations Team, continually striving to make operational and technical improvements that deliver a first class agile and flexible service to support internal colleagues and external clients.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Lead the Technical Operations Team and enable development and training of team members to achieve multi-skilling and to move towards a one-shift operation that covers the hours required to support the business as agreed with the Directors.
– To schedule and allocate technical resources.
– To work alongside the other Team Managers to support the Operations Director to deliver a first class operational service to our clients.
– To organise the production and updating of technical procedures.
– To produce Management reports as documented and agreed with the Directors.
– To co-ordinate major software releases and patches to both internal and hosted systems and their successful implementation.
– To be aware of emerging technologies and organise the evaluation of software or equipment and present findings and recommendations to the Directors.
– To advise on the most efficient processes for all aspects of the Technical Operations Team and deliver improvements where inefficiencies exist.
– To plan adequate staff cover and access to technical/operational facilities to facilitate current and future work and ensure the FED Diaries for TOT’s Team is kept up-to-date with shift patterns and leave.
– To oversee the planning of work activity and resource commitment within the Technical Operations Team, providing and maintaining a work schedule, where necessary liaising with other Team Managers and colleagues on projects.
– To manage and understand the ISO27001 certification process. To attend and chair the Security meetings.
– To effectively performance manage the Technical Operations Team.
– The monthly management report should contain as a minimum:-
– Hosted and Internal issues and resolution.
– Summary of work completed in the previous month and for the coming month
– Recommendations for hosted and internal system development and budget requirement.
– Educated to Degree level with a science degree.
– Previous management experience in an IT/Technical environment.
– Good knowledge of installing operating systems.
– Good knowledge of hardware systems, ITIL, VMWare and Virtualisation technologies.
– A working knowledge of Project Management would be advantageous.
– Have a working knowledge of third party packages sold and used.
Application deadline: 07/03/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £38,000.00-£45,000.00 per year
Location: Hessle (temporarily remote due to COVID-19)Apply for the job