Established in 1980 our client specialise in providing software for the transport industry worldwide. They provide advanced routing and scheduling, home delivery and proof of delivery software solutions from their UK and US offices.
Due to continued growth, they are now looking for an articulate, experienced Software Developer to join the support team based in our Hull office.
You will be responsible for:
- A hands-on learning approach to achieve competency & understanding of the technologies used to support successful home delivery operations.
- Providing timelines and resoling issues in a timely manner
- Resolving real world support tasks raised by our users and internal teams
- Providing excellent customer service on the 2nd line team
- Checking data, code and configuration to determine the cause of the problem
What essential skills are we looking for?
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a similar role – developer or support
- SQL server knowledge.
- Ability to quickly learn about products and services
- A real passion for technology and an interest in technical learning
- IT qualification – a degree or technical certifications (ideal, not essential)
- Salary up to £22,000
- 22 days holiday (increasing to 25 days over 3 years) plus bank holidays
- A great pension scheme
- Life Insurance
- Private health care
- Free parking
- Regular social events