Software Engineering Manager required Hull £55k per annum…
A world renowned business based in the heart of Hull’s technical community are currently on the lookout for a Software Engineering Manager to join their management team to lead their development and integration function, you will be taking over an existing team of developers which include team leads and senior developers and will have 15/20 direct reports.
You will be working with some of the most cutting-edge technologies in the industry and will be working with some of the most talented developers around to deliver life changing technology to organisations throughout the UK and Europe.
If this sounds like you then read on:
- Recruiting and on boarding talent to meet competence and capacity demands
- Cross-training employees to ensure job rotation and minimize assignment coverage gaps
- Providing coaching and performance feedback to all team members
- Communicating and ensuring understanding of functional or departmental goals
- Maintaining resource plans and tracking progress
- Measuring individual and team metrics and performance against targets and monitoring progress
- Identifying the need for corrective actions when necessary
- Ensuring quality standards for all processes in the team
- Evaluating overall team and individual performance and delivering performance reviews
- Engaging and coordinating with other line managers across the organization
- Providing reports on productivity and other performance indicators to senior management
- Administrative management of your team (e.g. leave, expenses, promotion, training, salary reviews)
- An appropriate professional or postgraduate qualification
- Minimum of five years’ experience in leading and coaching people
- Minimum of five years’ experience working in IT and Software Development teams
- The ability to combine strategic thinking with operational actions
- Strategic and organised thinking.
- Strong leader and is able to coach and motivate others to maximise efficiency, accomplishing results through collaborative efforts and teamwork with all stakeholders.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience of managing Development teams using .Net and C#
Formed around 20 years ago this business opened their Hull office around 6 years ago noticing the city had something to offer when it came to talent and they haven’t looked back since, they have offices all over the world but run their UK business mainly in Hull.
You will be joining an established and well known name with a reputation for excellence, if this sounds like an environment you could thrive in then I would like to hear from you.
The Software Engineering Manager role comes with a salary of £55k per annum, 30 days holiday plus bank holiday, competitive company pension, private health care, yearly wellness grant amongst other corporate benefits.
How to Apply
If you are an experienced Software Engineering Manager and have a proven track record in building high performance teams you can apply via the link below or call GB Recruitment on 01482242240Apply for the job