Senior Infrastructure/Cloud Engineer Required 90% remote £45k to £55k per annum…
Senior Infrastructure/Cloud Engineer required by a leading business who have offices throughout the UK, this business has emerged from lockdown in a stronger position than they entered and have really diversified their business as a result, as a result they are now on the lookout for a Senior Infrastructure/Cloud Engineer to join their team.
You will be working with an experienced infrastructure team and will be involved in various stages of deploying infrastructure lifecycle during deployment and maintenance, testing and maintaining on premises as well as with public cloud providers AWS/Azure.
This role requires a strong background of enterprise level infrastructure deployment and the ability to apply best practices and patterns in deployment.
- Implementing technical solutions by designing deploying and maintaining corporate LAN/WAN and Cloud IaaS with in public clouds like AWS/Azure Clouds.
- Have the ability to translate requirements into technical designs for small projects and individual pieces of work.
- Work closely with the team leaders and management team for gathering requirements, providing accurate time-estimates for the implementation of assigned work.
- Have the full responsibility for ensuring designs and implementation works is delivered within agreed time lines and to specified quality.
- Design, Deploy, Testing, Documentation and implementation of infrastructures, with in public clouds like AWS/Azure as well as on-premises environments.
- Be working on allocated projects, to design and deploy new infrastructures or reconfigure existing network components to meet project requirements
- Liaison with Business Analysts, software developer team to ensure that requirements are understood
- Produce accurate, unambiguous technical design specifications to the required level of detail in the timescales as defined by the PM
- Design and conduct automated and manual tests
- Produce efficient and fully documented network infrastructures.
- Produce supporting technical and installation documentation for internal and external publication of deployed services on AWS/Azure Clouds.
- Achieve agreed productivity targets in order to ensure developments are delivered within budget and time-scale
- Work with little day to day supervision from project and/or line manager Quality and Adherence to Standards
- Ensure all work is reviewed to ensure adherence to the relevant development standards
- Peer review and sign-off of others work
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of project status as required by Project Manager
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Systems Analysis — Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Time Management — Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Systems Evaluation — Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Good knowledge of infrastructure design, deployment, and maintenance life cycle, and experience of working in multi-environment infrastructures.
- Experience in working in an Agile infrastructure team.
- Excellent understanding of infrastructure framework concepts and deployment planning.
- Deep understanding of information and infrastructure security concepts.
- Working Experience with ISMS (ISO:27001) and ITIL (ISO:20000) frameworks.
- Demonstrable knowledge of designing and deploying on-premises and cloud-based infrastructures.
- Deep understanding of PKI environments
- Strong knowledge of site-to-site VPN as well as Client-Server VPN design and deployment.
- Total competence in designing and deploying Layer2/Layer3 networks.
- Full understanding of VoIP technologies including H.323, SIP, MGCP, and SCCP protocols.
- Ability to use Python and basic knowledge to work with RDBMSes as well as No-SQL Databases.
- Experience in routing protocols including OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP.
- Demonstrable experience in network and performance monitoring solutions.
- Working knowledge of log analysing and SEIM solutions.
- Knowledge of working with mid-range and high-end Security devices such as Firewalls, IDS/IPSes.
- Working experience with medium to large scale network devices including Layer 2 and Layer 3 switches, High-end routers, load balancers.
- Project management
This successful business work with some of the largest names in their industry and have shown no signs of slowing down through COVID and are even looking to expand their business into Europe with recent contract wins.
They really do have a great team culture and look to support each other on projects and are a very work hard play hard business.
As a Senior Infrastructure/Cloud Engineer you will receive a basic package of £45k to £55k per annum, 20 days holiday plus bank holidays remote working and office set up with only monthly meetings in the office being required to be attended.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this Infrastructure/Cloud Engineer role you can apply via the link below or by calling GB on 01482242240Apply for the job