We are working exclusively with a national manufacturing client that works with some of the UK’s well known brands. In this exciting role, you will be part of our client’s in-house technology team working within the existing IT operations support team to cover the day-to-day support and infrastructure needs of several businesses which are part of their group;
This is a varied role where you will be involved in daily operational support on a service desk, as well as running/contributing to support & infrastructure related projects as we strive to make our services better and better. Reporting directly to the IT Service and Operations Manager, you will be responsible for day-to-day support of users, applications and hardware spanning multiple locations, ensuring that issues are resolved in a timely manner and to participate in multiple IT projects.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with proven previous experience in a technical support role with excellent customer service skills and genuine interest in technology, as well as looking for an environment to allow development and growth.
IT Support Engineer key responsibilities…
· Working as part of the IT Operations Support Team to provide 1st and 2nd line support to a diverse group of several hundred users across multiple sites within the UK, providing support in both person and remotely.
· Ensuring tickets are logged via several channels correctly, triaged and responded to within SLA’s.
· Taking ownership of varying technical issues and acting on these to resolve them as quickly and efficiently as possible.
· Install, maintain and support hardware, both office and manufacturing based equipment.
· Assisting other teams within both the technology team and other departments to deploy various solutions and systems.
· Liaising with suppliers and third parties for a range of applications and hardware.
IT Support Engineer Skills and experience…
· Previous experience within a technical role
· Experience with M365 suite
· Hardware and application support
· Demonstrable knowledge of Active Directory
· Excellent communication and customer service skills
· It would be great if you have;
o Azure/Cloud, VMWare/Virtualisation and networking experience.
o ERP/D365 experience
You will need to work on your own initiative, whilst delivering to the given time frames. Be able to work as part of a team, and work in a fast-paced environment where you may need to react quickly to the changing requirements. This role will be primarily based at one of our sites in London, with a heavy on-site presence required. There may also be some ad-hoc UK travel required, so a full UK driving licence would be great.
Due to the role, you will be part of a paid “out of hours” support structure
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,861.00-£32,414.00 per year
Interviews are being conducted remotely.