Digital Product Owner required Hull, Yorkshire £30k per annum…
We’re looking for someone to work closely with technical leads to manage a Scrum team and improve processes throughout sprints. As the Product Owner you’ll champion the agile process and prioritise the workload according to the business’ needs.
The purpose of this role is to define and deliver digital experiences that help the customer and business achieve their goals.
If you can explain technical concepts in a non-technical way, have extensive commercial knowledge, excellent analytical skills and have a passion for everything digital we’d like to hear from you.
The company, a leading online retailer, is dedicated to creating the best possible experiences for their customers. An integral part of that experience is their company website and e-commerce platforms.
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of Agile, Scrum and continuous integration working practices.
- Ability to take a non-technical business request and translate it into a technical solution
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of the business (both in writing and verbally)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to quickly understand the problems the business needs to resolve and establish a technical solution
- Ability to manage projects effectively and deliver projects within the agreed timescales
- A strong understanding of technical/development software (such as Jira / Confluence / Gitlab etc.)
- Comfortable running ceremonies such as stand ups, story estimation sessions and retrospectives.
- Comfortable running project discovery and technical requirements sessions as well as a leading team retrospective session
- Good organisational skills with the ability to run and keep track of multiple developments projects / tasks at once
- Ability to work as part of a team and take leaderships where needed – establishing a good working relationship with colleagues
- Experience of implementing/adapting business processes to ensure all teams are operating as efficiently as possible
As a Digital Product Owner reporting to the head of digital product, you will partner with stakeholders across the business to define and deliver digital experiences that help the customer and business achieve their goals. Key outputs of the role include;
- To champion the Agile process and constantly strive for improvement
- Efficient and dynamic Scrum teams
- To provide regular communication to key stakeholders on the progress of all development tasks
- Track record of delivering on Sprint Goals
- To produce regular reports and analysis on the performance of the team (outlining lead times, response times, cycle times, velocity and throughput)
- To keep track of Sprint process
- To prioritise the workload according to the business’ needs
Salary & benefits package
As a Product Owner you will receive a basic salary of £30k, 24days’ holiday + 8 bank holidays, contributory pension scheme, life assurance, Perkbox, cycle-to-work scheme, free on-site parking and other corporate benefits.Apply for the job