Commissioning & Support Engineer (IT/Software)
Location: Hull based (home/office) with regular UK & some International travel
Salary: £28k-30k DOE
Job Type: Permanent, full time
Commissioning & Support Engineer required in Hull £28k to £30k per annum..
A global technology company offering world-leading services in aviation, defence, space and civil technology are looking for an enthusiastic Commissioning & Support Engineer to join their Public Safety & Security business unit. To develop, deploy and support software based command, control and communication systems for the civil security area.
Our client’s customers include ambulance services, police forces, fire and rescue services, airports and prisons.
- Use your strong people skills to work collaboratively with partners and customers technical teams
- Provide technical support and implement software upgrades
- Create test specifications and execute testing in customer environments
- Produce and check test reports
- Install and configure software solutions to new customers
- Learn new technologies used by our clients innovative software products
Skills and experience required
- MS Server 2012/16
- MS SQL Server 2014/16
- ITIL V3
- MS Active Directory
- MS Windows 10
- TCP/IP knowledge and basic skills of configuring network devices
- VMware infrastructure – VCP-DCV
- Load balancers
You must hold a UK driving licence to be considered for this role as regular UK travel to customer sites is required.
The position will be subject to passing security clearance.Apply for the job