We are working exclusively with a vibrant well established web design agency. They strive to create beautifully designed digital experiences. They get under the surface of our customers’ businesses and really understand their goals. Their ethos is to make their customers look and feel great to their target audience. They have a relaxed management style but are a hard-working team – they don’t micro-manage and like to have fun whilst working hard.
What does a Business Development Manager do?
This role reports to the Chief Commercial Officer and will be working alongside both Marketing Manager and Client Success Manager who are currently responsible for our client’s company promotion and lead generation and existing client accounts.
We are looking for an exceptional Business Development Manager who has a proven track record within a digital agency setting. You will need to lean on your knowledge of e-commerce, technical systems & solutions to build rapport and communicate our client’s value proposition to potential new clients.
People buy people and a large proportion of our client’s target market is in the Greater London area, The Business Development Manager will be expected to use existing networks and attend networking and business events to start meaningful conversations with the RIGHT people.
Our client’s customers chose them, because of their people and their ‘best-in-class expertise, this role will bridge the gap between potential clients and their teams to channel new sales opportunities.
The Business Development Manager is key to our client’s strategy of taking them forward, so building sustainable relationships with prospective and existing clients and of course, having the gift of being able to negotiate and close sales is essential to the success of the role.
What you get…
- Amazing opportunity. Make a real difference to our client’s customers and businesses alike.
- Variety of work. Our clients work with a diverse range of customers with big brands. You will be creating exciting new opportunities with similar businesses.
- Great product. They have developed a great product using the latest technology to do so which gives them a real USP and empowers strong pitches.
- Incredible team. The biggest perk is working with such a nice bunch of people. People First is a central value and our clients live it every day. They hire people that are great at what they do and are a genuine pleasure to work with.
- Autonomy. Don’t get them wrong… they are a hard-working team – they just don’t micromanage and they like to have fun while they are doing it.
- Perfect size. They are a team of 40 people and are growing. The good news is that they are still small enough that your ideas can have an impact. It’s down to you to push for change and champion innovation
- Great Package. Holiday allowance – 33 days including Bank Holidays with the opportunity to buy more.
- £100 headphones budget once successfully completed probation period
- MacBook Pro and external screen
- Lots of discounts at restaurants, shops, and gyms
- tax-efficient ways to buy cars, bikes, and new tech
- Impressive health, mental health & well-being package
- Workplace pension scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Company retreats and socials
- Remote working, office working or a mixture of the two
- They have mindfully chosen Mossy Earth as our partner to offset our impact. Each team member chooses where to plant 48 trees per year and can bid on other important environmental projects such as rewilding.
- Competitive commission structure. The more you bring in the more you earn. There is serious scope to grow within this role and put your stamp on your earning potential.
- Identifying new business opportunities, including new markets, new clients, new partnerships or new products and services
- Generate a strong pipeline of opportunities.
- Build new client relationships through calls, networking, email campaigns, and word of mouth
- Offer ‘best in class’ product and service consultations to potential clients to maximise conversion.
- Leading on sales pitches to win new business.
- Attending conferences and events to network by way of building relationships with industry partners and staying up to date with new trends.
- Collaborating with internal and external design, technical and sales teams to ensure that the requirements are met.
- London-based or willing to travel regularly to London to forge a London-centric focus.
- A proven track record of working in digital sales with business development success is essential.
- Confidence in working to and exceeding sales targets and OKRs [c£200k per year.]
- Experience in digital marketing or a strong understanding of the industry is essential.
- Understanding of MACH headless infrastructure is essential.
- Having a track record of networking and an existing network of contacts is essential.
- Having an existing network within e-commerce is desirable.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise and deliver results
- Self-motivated and resilient
- Able to work well independently
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, face-to-face, in presentations, over the telephone or via video conferencing.
If you are an energetic self-starter who has a track record of generating quality sales from a number of sources, with the passion and hunger to move our business forward and meet the criteria above, we would love to hear from you.Apply for the job